The Warehouse Assistant reports to the Warehouse Manager. This role will support our warehouse with all movements on incoming and outgoing stock, will pick and pack orders and do all admin related to processing orders and tracking deliveries. This role requires the physical ability to lift coffee sacks (up to 30kg) and experience driving a forklift.
- Part-time. Monday to Friday, 15-20 hours per week with room to increase after probation period.
- Based in Fyshwick, Canberra.
- Salary negotiated based on experience and skill set, $45-60k range.
- Growing company that prides itself on quality coffee and a community focus
- Daily work will warehouse tasks; the ability to assist other departments may also be required
- Pick, pack and store coffee in our warehouse.
NOTE: Packing of heavy items is done with a second team member but is a fundamental part of the role. You must be comfortable to lift 35kg (70kg sack with another team member) to apply for this job.
- Extract samples from coffee sacks that have arrived to our warehouse for quality control purposes.
- Assemble pallets as required and shrink wrap
- Coordinate all customer orders – Pick, pack and dispatch to domestic and international destinations.
- Liaise with freight companies for dispatching domestic and international green coffee bean orders ensuring relevant documentation is appropriately completed and handed over.
- Liaise with green bean customers about deliveries and tracking.
- Receive delivery of incoming green bean stock ensuring all stock is accurately received, labelled and stored.
- Maintain electronic systems with all data for incoming and outgoing stock.
- Undertake monthly stock-take and reconciliation.
- Undertake general maintenance of the green bean warehouse ensuring it is organised and inventory is properly stored and orderly at all times.
- Clean the warehouse on a daily basis, ensure floors are swept and all rubbish is removed.
- Maintain the company’s account with pallet supplier, CHEP, ensuring pallets are retrieved and returned as appropriate.
- Any other duties as required.
WHY WORK FOR US
- High performance and fast paced environment
- Focused on work/life balance
- Great team culture
- Constantly evolving company with future opportunities
- Physical ability to undertake picking/packing operations – Required
- Physical ability to drive a forklift – Beneficial
- Holding a current licence is a bonus, otherwise experience driving a forklift is beneficial with a view to becoming licenced.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and general computer software programs – Required
- Competence with emails and digital systems like online booking and tracking – Required
- Positive and open attitude
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Multi-lingual candidates are a bonus
Send your resume and cover letter to: